Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Something Every Day

Sometimes, when I have too much to do, I do nothing.

I suppose I feel that if I can't tackle it all, it's not worth it.

I'm sure you can understand this phenomenon - when there's WAY too much to do and you find yourself blacking out and choosing to play Solitaire on the computer.

My personal example is if I don't have time to write as much as I need to, I won't write at all. Or if I want to work out but it's just too late, I won't even attempt to put on my workout kicks.

But alas, I am trying to abide by a new rule: Do something everyday.

Maybe I can't write EVERYTHING, but I can write one page.

Maybe I can't clean the entire bathroom, but I can clean the sink.

Maybe I can't go two miles on the treadmill, but I can lift weights while watching a video with my son.

You get the point.

Thought For the Day: Doing even one thing is better than doing nothing at all.

No comments: