Friday, August 6, 2010
You Know You're a Mom When...
We moms aren’t always a train wreck. About 98% of the time, we’ve got it pulled together and you’d never know things were awry. But, the other 2% of the time, we may find ourselves doing any of the following:
You know you're a mom when…
1) you hairspray each spritz to the cadence of “This Old Man.”
2) you stick the French fry in the air conditioner slot of your car to expedite the cooling off process for your hungry kid.
3) you can’t remember the last time you could remember.
4) your child won’t nap and you literally cry.
5) you can’t wait to take your kid to a live Sesame Street or Barney show, because you know how happy it would make her.
6) something goes wrong and you hear yourself shouting, “Cinders and ashes!” in the words of Thomas the Train.
7) after searching for your favorite sunglasses for an hour, you finally pull back the shower curtain and find them lying in the tub.
8) in a time of extreme desperation or sleep deprivation, you’ve used any of the following as “toys”: car keys, a diaper, your foot, a shirt tag.
9) your “me time” is spent at the grocery store…sans kids.
10) at the office, you look at the picture of your family to help you get through the day, because it’s all for them.
If you (or someone you know) has ever had experiences like these, I hope you can appreciate them. Also, if you have any of your own funny mom-isms, please share! I’d love to make a new list.
Oh, and I reserve the right not to disclose whether I'm guilty of any of the above instances. ;)
Thought for the day: Moms, let’s not be so hard on ourselves or take ourselves too seriously. Dads, tell your Lady how wonderful, beautiful and splendid she is today.
Like the blog? Sign up as a Follower!